Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and Civil Aviation (MoCTCA), in collaboration with the Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) and the Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), is organizing the Mt. Everest Platinum Jubilee Celebration & Summiteers' Summit on May 29, 2023, to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the first ascent of Mt. Everest (1953 May 29).
Major Highlights of the Program:
Day-1 (29 May 2023)
- The rally will move towards Kathmandu Durbar Square with traditional music and cultural displays.
- Civic felicitation of Everest Summiteers will take place at Hanuman Dhoka- Basantapur Square.
- The procession will continue towards Hanuman Durbar Square.
Everest Platinum Jubilee Celebration & Summiteers' Summit 2023
- There will be a gathering and felicitation of Everest Summiteers.
- Everest Summiteers and participants will be felicitated by the Chief Guest.
- The Chief Guest will release a special edition of Nepal Parbat for the Everest Platinum Jubilee Celebration.
Day-2 (1 June 2023) ,Venue: Aloft Hotel
- The film will be shown, which will be a 35-40 minute composite of 53 footage featuring the story of Everest, Tenzing, and Hillary as narrated by them.
For more detail and registration, please find Mt. Everest Platinum Jubilee | Nepal Mountaineering Association website.